Universal Banker - Northshore Locations
Division: Consumer Banking Division
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Operations Manager
Supervises: No Supervisory Duties
Location: Northshore Locations
Provide quality, accurate and timely customer services involving daily processing of financial transactions. Promotes bank products and services through positive proactive sales. Informs and educates customers about products, services, and benefits. Performs related duties as required to achieve Consumer Banking branch goals (meet/exceed sales goals/referral goals, etc.)
- Accurately conduct all credit and debit transactions including but not limited to receiving and paying of cash, checking and savings deposits/withdrawals, checking endorsements and loan transactions. Ensure all regulatory requirements are met timely, for example, CTR’s, SAR’s, etc.
- Verify and balance cash drawer, balance and prepare daily work using processes in accordance with standard procedures.
- Issue Cashier’s Checks and Money Orders and Official Bank Checks.
- Keep proper cash supply while assuring teller area is secure; follow all security policies and procedures.
- Verifies Night Depository envelopes and bags and maintain accurate transaction logs.
- Verifies mail deposits and prepares documentation for mailing customer receipts.
- Responsible for providing most customer service needs in the bank, including platform support. This includes, but is not limited to, opening checking accounts, savings accounts, CDs and cross selling of other products and services. Proactively informs clients of products/services, profiles clients to identify financial needs and makes referrals when warranted.
- Explain product benefits, changes, restrictions, requirements, and any other relevant product and services information to clients.
- Cross-sells and makes referrals to other lines of business to generate new business and deepen existing client relationships, participates in all On-Boarding of clients and all campaigns which includes calling clients.
- Answers telephone and takes messages.
- Introduces new products and services for cross-selling while following bank procedures.
- Understands branch capture workflows and keeps appropriate teller balancing records.
- Delivers excellent customer services to all bank customers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Strong sales skills and open to culture of customer needs based selling.
- Proficient with technology and baslexilexiic computer skills.